Compulsory National Benchmark Tests (NBTs)
The National Benchmark Tests are compulsory for all University of the Free State (UFS) applicants.
The last opportunity for all students to write the NBT’s is:
- 4 July 2015 for students who have applied to the Faculty of Health Sciences (School of Medicine or School of Allied Health Sciences).
- 6 December 2015 for all other students who have applied to the UFS (Bloemfontein and Qwaqwa campuses).
Registration for all NBTs opens on 1 April 2015.
To book for the test, visit www.nbt.ac.za. For more information on the NBTs at the UFS visit www.ufs.ac.za/nbt; or contact Ms Lerato Masisi at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, 051 401 2448 or Benito Khotseng Building room LG 5.
NBT General Information
It is COMPULSORY for prospective UFS students to write the National Benchmark Tests (NBTs) before registration in 2015. We thus recommend that prospective students write the NBTs during their Grade 12 year or in 2015.
The UFS has an NBT registration station, where students can register for the tests. This service is available at the Benito Khotseng Building, room B3 between 2pm and 4pm daily from 1 April 2015.
What information can I acquire from the NBT website, www.nbt.ac.za / what can I use the site for?
- Information on the content of the tests
- NBT National Office contact details
- Register for the test(s)
- Request NBT results
- See venues and dates across the country
- and more.
Please contact the NBT call centre at 021 650 3523 should you:
- experience any problems with the registration process, or
- need to verify registration or information.
For more information on exemptions and about the UFS NBT requirements, email your enquiry to: email@example.com
- To download a short presentation showing the steps to register for the NBTs online, click here. (Pdf format)
Test venue details
Bloemfontein and Qwaqwa Campus dates and venues
- Venues and dates are subject to change; please consult the NBT website at www.nbt.ac.za.
- Please note that you need to register to take the tests. Registration for 2015 cycle/test sessions opens on 1 April 2015. Register for the tests at www.nbt.ac.za.
To request your NBT results you need:
- Your ID number (as on your "NBT answer script" and your "NBT test registration form"),
- Your full names (As provided on the "NBT answer sheet"), and
- Your surname (As provided on the "NBT answer sheet")
For your NBT results: Click here
NBT Contact Details
National Benchmark tests
NBT Website: www.nbt.ac.za
Call centre: 021 650 3523
UFS Health Sciences Faculty (HSC)
- Prospective students applying for admission to the Faculty of Health Sciences should contact Me Anandi Mynardt at 051 401 7517 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
UFS Information Centre:
051 401 3000
Last updated: 19 March 2015 15:34