Compulsory National Benchmark Tests (NBTs)
The National Benchmark Tests are compulsory for all University of the Free State (UFS) applicants.
The last opportunity for all students to write the NBTs is:
- 2 July 2016 for students who have applied to the Faculty of Health Sciences (School of Medicine
or School of Allied Health Sciences).
- 3 December 2016 for all other students who have applied to the UFS (Bloemfontein and Qwaqwa
Registration for all NBTs opens on 1 April 2016.
To book for the test, visit www.nbt.ac.za. For more information on the NBTs at the UFS visit www.ufs.ac.za/nbt; or contact Ms Lerato Masisi at email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org, 051 401 2448
or Benito Khotseng Building room LG 5 (basement).
NBT General Information It is COMPULSORY for all prospective UFS students to write the National Benchmark Tests (NBTs)
BEFORE registration in 2017. We thus recommend that prospective students write the NBTs during
their Grade 12 year or in 2016.
The UFS has an NBT registration station, where students can register for the tests. This service is
available at the Benito Khotseng Building, room LG5 between 14:00 and 16:00 daily from 1 April
What information can I acquire from the NBT website, www.nbt.ac.za / what can I use the site for?
- Information on the content of the tests
- NBT National Office contact details
- Register for the test(s)
- Request NBT results
- See venues and dates across the country
- and more.
Please contact the NBT call centre at 021 650 3523 should you:
- experience any problems with the registration process, or
- need to verify registration or information.
For more information on exemptions and about the UFS NBT requirements, email your enquiry to: email@example.com
- To download a short presentation showing the steps to register for the NBTs online, click here (Pdf format)
Test venue details Bloemfontein and Qwaqwa Campus dates and venues
- Venues and dates are subject to change; please consult the NBT website at www.nbt.ac.za.
- Please note that you need to register to take the tests. Registration for 2016 cycle/test
sessions opens on 1 April 2016. Register for the tests at www.nbt.ac.za.
NBT Results To request your NBT results:
- Click on “Registered user login”
- Your ID number must be used it as your username and
- Your password is the one you created when you booked for the test.
For your NBT results: Click here
NBT Contact Details National Benchmark tests
NBT Website: www.nbt.ac.za
Call centre: 021 650 3523
UFS Health Sciences Faculty (HSC)
- Prospective students applying for admission to the Faculty of Health Sciences should contact Mr
Thula Miya at 051 401 7517 or MiyaTB@ufs.ac.za .
UFS Information Centre:
051 401 3000
Last updated: 28 April 2016 15:45